Meal Plan Monday
OK, we're trying this again this week! Last week turned out pretty good. Photo added below!
Monday: Hot Dogs
Tuesday: Shrimp Scampi, not sure what else
Wednesday: Salmon Patties & Macaroni
Thursday: Manwich on Whole Wheat Buns
Friday: Stir Fry
Saturday GRILL: Chicken-Pineapple Kabobs & Sausage
Last week's new recipe was Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad. Here's how it turned out & was very good! Definitely a recipe we'll come back to again!

2 comments:
Did you do the pasta salad exactly as the recipe? Also, didn't we talk about whole wheat pasta before? Have you tried Barilla Plus? It's MULTIGRAIN, not whole wheat, but it has 4g of fiber per serving and it has more protein and Omega-3 because of the other grains -- lentils, chickpeas, spelt, barley, flaxseed, oaks. But, best of all, it tastes just like plain pasta. No one ever notices when I make it. It may be just a little darker, but not noticeable like ww.
Here's how I changed the recipe: I did use whole wheat penne pasta - Central Market Organic from HEB. It's pretty good. I cut back on the cherry tomatoes just a bit because A doesn't like tomatoes that much. I used basil & tomato flavored feta crumbles. I used the oil packed sun dried tomatoes because that's what we had. And for the chicken, I used some of that pre-cooked fajita meat that I got at HEB. (the kind I used to make quesadillas out of that time)
Post a Comment