Works For Me Wednesday: Ribbon Storage
I've been making a lot of little tag blankets in the last couple of months. After a couple of days of making these, I end up with a dining table covered in spools of ribbon that an inquisitive 3 year old has a hard time leaving alone!
While I dream of the day when I'll have a craft room with peg board walls and can wire my ribbon up for easy access, I needed a fix now! Enter the drawer unit that I've had since college:
In the top 2 drawers I ordered my spools of ribbon and can now measure and cut off the 5" pieces of ribbon I need without even removing them from the drawers! The bottom drawer is a compilation of small pieces of ribbon that are not long enough to roll on a spool. And I can pick up the entire drawer unit & put it away when it's time to clean the table! How 'bout that? It works for me! See what works for others at Rocks in my Dryer's Works for Me Wednesday!

7 comments:
That looks so nice and organized.
Love the clear storage containers.
Organising Queen and
Marcia's take charge blog
Love the idea! Nice to be creative about storage. The colors are so pretty. Those tag blankets are wonderful.
Duckabush Blog
Oh I love organization too! Nice work:). Also, thank you so much for the banner to my site on your blog. I checked my stats and you sent several people my way this last week!
Heather
That looks very good.
Wow! You've got lots of ribbons.
i too had a ribbon storage problem, but i was in home depot one day and thought, i can take a few wooden dowels and some hooks (small eye hooks and large open ended hooks) and cord, and make a hanging ribbon organizer. i used the ceiling joists in my basement and mounted open ended hooks, tapped/screwed small eye hooks into the ends of the dowels, then cut 2 equal lengths of cord and tied one end of the cord onto an eye hook and on the other end of the cord made a loop and knotted it and looped it onto the open ended hook. i repeated this for the other side of the dowel. you've now got a hanging ribbon spool and to add or replace a spool of ribbon, just remove one cord from the open ended hook and slide on or off the new spool - be careful though, if you let go of the dowel, all the spools slide off...hehehehe but it was awesome, i piggybacked and made several rows so no guessing what drawer it was in and i could tell when i needed to replace something.
I found something even better! I ordered little plastic ribbon tags from ribbonring.com. I can squeeze two thin ribbons on one tag. They don't get tangled and I threw all the cardboard spools away. I hung up a coat rack near my scrapbook area and I hang the ribbonrings on it. I use more ribbon on my scrapbook pages now that it is in front (or behind!) me.
Post a Comment