Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

I almost didn't post TTT today since I was so late getting to it. We took Grandma to get her broken toe checked out this morning & it took forever! Anyway, Aunt Jana had commented that she really enjoys the tiny talk, so I'd like to dedicate this late edition of Tiny Talk Tuesday to Aunt Jana.

Seems that fishing with Uncle Glenn over Christmas made quite an impression on David! In January, I made a fishing game for David because he kept talking about it. This week, he was playing with his "fishing pole" (which is actually a modified cat toy) saying, "I'm going fishing! I'm Uncle Glenn! I'm gonna catch a big fish!"
.
Then there's also been the Dad imitation going on this week:
"I'm Dad! I'm riding a fire truck!" "I'm Dad! I'm spanking Tort!" (the cat likes to be petted rough) And more things that Dad might not want me to blog about.
.
In the car one evening, something reminded David of a previous anatomy discussion we had, and he started talking about his pecs having milk in them. Reminding him of the previous explanations, I said, "No, pecs don't have milk. Mommies have milk for feeding babies." David replied, "My pecs have chocolate milk in them!"

Read more Tiny Talk at Not Before 7. It's always a hoot to check them out.

I've been toying with the idea of adding music to my blog for a few weeks now. When I heard this new song by Steven Curtis Chapman, One Heartbeat at a Time (lyrics here), I decided to go ahead & test run my "Mommy Playlist" on this post. Let me know if you do or don't like music on the blog. In the meantime, enjoy some of my favorite mommy songs.



(I edited this post so that the music is not auto-starting, so if you want to enjoy my Mommy playlist, you'll have to click play!)

7 comments:

MightyMom said...

tooo funny!! Sonshine was fascinated whenever I nursed Sugars. Dad's seem to be inspiration for many many conversations! (not all of which you want to repeat!!) heeheehee.

frankly, I don't like music on a blog. a) if your browser is slow it takes forever to load the pages with music, but also b) the comp is in the baby's room so I always have to mute the comp or I'll wake her up.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

oh my --- chocolate milk! that's too funny! i'm going to read the post about the fishing game, my little guy might be interested in that.

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

ok, the fishing game is way too cute - i'm totally stealing that idea LOL ;-) thanks for inspiration

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting Tiny Talk!!! It really does make my day!! I tend to laugh out loud while in my cube at work.

Love
Aunt Jana

Pipesville said...

The music makes your page take forever to load on dial-up. I started before church and it's still loading (2 hours later).

Grandpa said...

I had my speakers muted when I first loaded the page so didn't know about the music until I read about it. That gave me an opportunity to turn down the sound before blasting out everyone in the house as some sites do. I prefer to be able to make the choice about turning on music.

Unknown said...

Well, I actually turned off the sound 'cause there was so much other noise here and I wanted to read your entry aloud to Uncle Glenn, the fisherman! We'll have to buy another pole everytime we come so eventually we can all go fishing together!

Aunt Sissy

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win