Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Another phrase David must have heard somewhere:
I know exactly what you're thinking, Mom!

Looking at our blog, David recognized some friends:
David: I see Mack!
Mom: You sure do!
David: I see Mack and Casey!

David was getting very loud one night after going to bed (in the same room with sleeping Elizabeth). I went in without turning any lights on & said...
Mom: David, I have something in my hand. Feel this. (and I ran his hands over the object)
David: It's a spankin' spoon!
I didn't have to go in again to tell him to be quiet! (Nor did I have to use the spoon!)

I've been waiting days to post this one! Sunday morning, Elizabeth sat in the exersaucer while I made breakfast. David was sitting on the stool at the counter.
Elizabeth: Ba ba ba ba ba....
David: That's not a bubble, Liz-a-beth!
I love that they're starting to interact!!!

In the bathroom yesterday morning...
Mom: David, please shut the door.
David: Hello, Mama!
Mom: David, shut the door; I like to have the door shut when I use the bathroom.
David, after shutting the door: Open thou door!
Makes me wonder if his Sunday School lesson was in King James!

Grandma brought home Ratatouille (the movie, not the food). David examined the box and said, "The mouse is holding a spankin' spoon!" Sure enough, the rat is holding a wooden spoon on the cover! So I asked if the mouse was going to spank him & he quickly said no!


Today, I am thankful for the words, babbles, and sound effects that come from my children!

Read more Tiny Talk Tuesday at Not Before 7. I wonder how her "not before 7" rule is working since time change...

6 comments:

Jolanthe said...

I love the spanking spoon comments. That is also a fun topic in our house. I hadn't noticed the one on the cover of the movie though - since we borrowed it. But I'm sure that will be a topic once we get it too! :)

Lori said...

Very cute!! I love it when babies start to babble. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Don't I have such smart and cute grandkids!!! Love the spoon in the dark story, too.
And the picture of Nina with the kids is really good - she looks very happy!

LOVEgrandma

Monica said...

Ahh, the spanking spoon. What would we moms do without it? Just the mere presence of the spoon can bring peace .

Thanks for making me laugh today.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh girl, you know it...it was a hard week of 6 AM wake up calls, but they have finally adjusted back to normal :) he he!

Loved these. "Open thou door" cracks me up.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

BTW - you have read my TTT about the spanking spoon - we have left it sitting in the hallway as a reminder before - just the sight of it brings obedience.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win