Cookie Exchange #1: Ginger Molasses Cookies
This recipe was given to me in 2002 from a Creative Memories Consultant who lives in Minnesota. I made them for my Open Houses and now Dad requests them every year. After this year's cookiefest, looks like it may be one of David's favorites, too!
Ginger Molasses Cookies
4 1/2 teaspoons water
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup mild molasses
2 1/4 cup flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
In a medium bowl, add Butter Flavored Criso, water, sugar, molasses and egg. Beat well. In a larger bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together. Add the first mixture to the second mixture and mix well. Chill for at least an hour.
Roll dough into one inch balls.
Roll balls in granulated sugar to coat.
Place balls on a greased cookie sheet. (I used cooking spray.)
Bake at 375* for 5-10 minutes, but no longer than 10 minutes.
To make them just a tad bit prettier, sprinkle a little granulated sugar on them as they're cooling.
I'll be doing another recipe later! Visit my sister's Virtual Cookie Exchange for more recipes!

2 comments:
Jordann's looking over my shoulder and drooling on me. These are her FAVORITE cookies. I may have to bake some later. I think my recipe is a little different. I'm on my way out now, I'll check it later.
I love ginger-molasses cookies! I'd make them now, but have my arms full with my White Chocolate Cranberry cookie dough! Come on over! I'll make your's another day, thanks for sharing the recipe!
Post a Comment