Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

David's talking more & more as time goes by. I have found myself telling him to stop talking (at bedtime) or to be quiet ("inside voice"), but I have still never said I wish he didn't talk so much. It's still sweet music to my ears... even if it's too loud or way past bedtime!

David was in the bedroom one afternoon & started crying. I went to check on him & found him where I had seen Fluff, a large cat, sleeping earlier. I asked him if something was hurting?
David: Uh-huh
Mom: What hurts?
David: I hurt Fluff's teeth!

One day, David remembered an episode of Super Why:
David: Peter Piper
Mom: What did Peter Piper pick?
David: A shell.

As we prepared for MawMaw's 50th birthday party last weekend, David really got into it. He was animate about getting a package of spinning party favors and M&M cookies. When we were at the store, though, he saw a huge pink Mylar balloon in the shape of a crown that read, "Princess" in a pretty script. As soon as he saw it, he said, "Need the big pink balloon for Elizabeth!"
How sweet that he was thinking of his sister!

As he made laps through the kitchen one day, he repeated his Cubbies verse from a few weeks ago, "I am wonderfully made! I am wonderfully made! I am wonderfully made!" Lather, rinse, repeat.
.

Count your blessings this week. The tiny talkers in our houses are definitely something to be thankful for!

Read more Tiny Talk at Not Before 7.

4 comments:

kddub said...

how cute! You are right, tiny talkers are something to be grateful for

Lori said...

Very cute!!

God's girl said...

Too Cute!
Blessings,
Angela

Amy said...

Adorable...and I can totally relate to have a talker in the house, my three year old is non-stop!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win