Black Friday & Time to Start Baking!
Thanksgiving is officially over. Yes, I did get up at 4am and enjoyed an early morning shopping spree with my parents. On the way to town, we reminisced about our first After Thanksgiving Sale. Let's see if I can remember the details we discussed... It was Daddy & me. We went to what we think was the first ever 7am sale at our local Wal-Mart. This was back before 24-hour Supercenters, back before everybody opened early the day after, back before there were so many specialty superstores, back before there were Golden Arches in the store, back before the term, "Black Friday." We got to WM right around 7 & there were just a handful of other cars there. Shopping was easy, uncluttered, quick and quiet. I'm sure we went to McDonald's for a sausage biscuit afterwards.
I started with Texas Toddler Mix. This is unique because I used Texas shaped pretzels and Goldfish. While it was cooling, I kept hearing crunching some out of the kitchen, followed by a little voice, "I ate a hot Chex, Mama!"

2 comments:
I vote for the chocolate chip.
I loved the little crunchy sounds coming from the kitchen as the "Toddler Mix" was supposed to be cooling. Think there was a Grandpa and a Grandson conspiring to eat the stuff!
Fun preparing for holidays with SE around!!
LOVEgrandma
Post a Comment