Thursday, September 07, 2006

Suddenly this week....


"NOSE"

First of all, sorry for the lack of pictures this week... we've been a little busy.



How did this happen? Suddenly this week, David has changed so much. I don't know how to express how proud of him I am.

First of all we started Mother's Day Out on Tuesday & Thursday. He was so tired on Wednesday, I wondered how he was going to handle twice in one week. But as always, he amazed me. My classroom was directly across the hall from David's, so every time I walked past the door, I'd look that way. I saw him playing happily, contently eating his snack and later lunch, and later playing at a table with another little boy. They were laughing together and banging wooden toy food on the wooden table. (Side note: As I heard the "tap, tap, tap, tap..." on the table, I had a feeling it was David.) I know he saw me at least once, but he didn't throw a fit to get to me.

After MDO was over & David was with me while I cleaned my room, his teacher came over & started bragging on how much fun he was today. She said he showed great personality and had them laughing all day, he played well and ate well. I wish I could remember word for word everything she said to me and frame it. She went on & on. I was so proud that I almost started crying.

He was asleep in the car before we got home and had a good nap. When he woke up, we had a snack together as I contemplated whether or not to try taking him to the MOPS meeting tonight. It was our first MOPS meeting of the fall, so I was excited about going, but didn't want to push it after such a busy week. He seemed happy, so we went to McDonald's (I wasn't sure if they were serving supper this year because the time changed) and shared a cheeseburger and french fries. Still happy, we went on to MOPS. I explained the teacher about his week & if he got tired & started having a hard time they could come get me.

One more time today, David amazed me. MOPS was over & I walked back to his classroom. He was happily playing and didn't run at me like he was ready to be picked up. He kept playing, brought me the school bus he was playing with and was just as happy as he could be. His teacher said he played happily all evening and ate a lot of the meal they served, too - pizza and cookies. When he finally let go of the bus, I quickly grabbed his hand & said it was time to go. He started telling everyone "Bye Bye" and continued to do so throughout the building, charming all the other moms and teachers that we passed.

The good mood continued all the way home, a few minutes in the back yard talking to Dad, bath time, milk time, brushing teeth and all the way to bed. How did he grow up so much this week? I felt like I couldn't hold him, kiss him, tell him I love him and am proud of him enough. I feel like if I close my eyes for too long, we'll be helping him move into a dorm!

Whew... This has indeed been an emotional week for Mom & Dad!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cutie! He's growing so much. Can't wait to see him at Christmas.

I was going to tell you, the day Alan sent his email about dropping off David at his classroom I was dropping off Lauren for her first college class!

Don't blink!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win