Locked In

If you missed David's escape, read the previous post. After Life Group tonight, Mom went to Wal-Mart for door knob covers.
While I almost didn't get out of his room, David just spun the cover on the knob. Maybe we'll be safe for a few more nights... until he figures out how they work! For now, the fact that they spin will hopefully occupy him and make enough racket on the baby monitor to wake me up, should he try to escape again.
I don't like to think of him as a prisoner, but I hate to think of the dangerous things he could get into by himself, in the dark, with me asleep. He's big enough to pull out chairs & climb, turn knobs and open drawers. Who knows how long before he figures out how to unlock the front door!
He spun the cover for a little bit and then was quickly distracted, touching and saying the letter Z, followed by X. (with no prompting, he just noticed them & said them!)

1 comment:
I still have his birthday present that I will be sending sometime this week. I hope it helps him with his speech, but it sounds like he is already doing a good job. Elizabeth can use it also, when she is ready to talk. By the way thanks for doing the blog I check almost daily for new reports on David's activities. I especially love the escape artist story.
Aunt Jana
Post a Comment