My First Ladybug!
I forgot to mention that at MOPS last Thursday, our craft for this week was to make our name tags that we'll wear all year. Going along with the "Fresh Air" theme, we had little picket fences, wrote our names on a cloud and the flowers growing in front of the fence were to represent our children. Buttons were provided for the flowers on green pipe-cleaner stems. I found a handsome square green button with a D on it for David and everyone said, "Oh, you have to add the baby!" So I found a little ladybug button to represent her. Turned out really cute.
But THIS >>>> is technically the first ladybug that Mom made just for her. It's a pillow the size of a dinner plate with ribbon-tag legs. I'm quite proud of how it turned out.
Oh, something else I wanted to share - the other day at MDO, a child asked for more animal crackers. I said, "What's the magic word?" He looked at me blankly for a minute, then I saw a light go off inside & he added "please." Later in the day a different child asked for more & I said the same thing, again without thinking. This child replied, "Abra cadabra?"

1 comment:
Oh, I forgot that Lauren was a ladybug one Halloween, too. Do you remember that? We made her a red cape with black felt dots and antennae out of pipe cleaners. She loved it.
We're on the lookout for more ladybugs for you.
Post a Comment