The Day that Wore Me Out
I'm not sure I've recovered yet... I got up early (like 5:15 early) with Grandma Saturday morning & we did something special together. Click to see what got us up so early... : ) Dad & the kids were still sleeping when Grandma picked me up.
I was back at home by lunch time. David enjoyed some play time in the sand box while Elizabeth napped after lunch. He got just a little bit sandy. When he saw his dirty face in the mirror, he was so proud of himself! He had to have an early bath, because we had more stuff to do on this eventful day...
While I was out with Grandma, I found this light-up Wall-E Christmas shirt! (I'm surprised by Disney this year - I've hardly seen any Wall-E clothes, toys, accessories, or anything. But Cars is still all over the place!) Ever since David decided to be a robot for Halloween, then Grandma introduced him to Wall-E about a month ago, anything robot is big stuff at our house! My first intention was that this shirt would be a Christmas present. But then I realized it's a Christmas shirt, so he should be wearing it before Christmas. But I'm positive he will wear it as long as it fits! Well, I think this shirt just made his day! And now, he was able to wear it for our visit to Santa! David started talking to Santa immediately upon entering the sleigh. I'll tell more about that on Tiny Talk Tuesday! : ) Just wait... you'll get a good chuckle out of it!
From there, we got something to eat (the pregnant woman couldn't wait), I ran inside one store & finished my Christmas shopping (now I just have to finish the things I'm making!), and then Dad ran inside Lowe's to get some light bulbs.
And we finally made it to Frankie's Family Christmas Party: Frankie's mom & Dad's grandmother were sisters. I think that makes all those kids cousins, to some degree, with David & Elizabeth... right? There were kids & people & food all over the place. It was a lot of fun. And I think it was about 10:30 when we got home. Whew.

No comments:
Post a Comment