Prison Fellowship Angel Tree
Saturday morning, I went with my Mom shopping for our Angel Tree kids. It's something I look forward to doing every year. We like to do that together & I think it helps her keep all the kids & gifts in order. She was shopping for 5 kids that her Sunday School class had adopted & I took the baby in a family of 6 kids.
I specifically wanted to do Angel Tree from Prison Fellowship this year. These are local children who have one or more parent in prison. The family we were shopping for with 6 kids, who are now living with an aunt & uncle while Mom is in prison. I don't know her crime and I don't know where their Dad is. But that doesn't matter. Think about how it would feel to be a child, not able to spend Christmas with your parents, but then not have any gifts from them either. That has always been my motivation for participating in Angel Tree - the children.
As I was looking for a video clip to use on this post, I came across the one below. For the first time, I realized that Angel Tree is not just taking care of the kids, it's also ministering to the parents who are in prison. Now imagine being the parent and you can't go Christmas shopping; you can't bake cookies together; you can't take your kids to see Santa or go to Christmas parties. Then Angel Tree comes in and connects you with people who are willing to do the shopping & add beautiful gift wrapping with bows & everything. The parent in prison gets to write a note to put on the gifts (toys & needed clothes) and now they have gifts to send to their children.













No comments:
Post a Comment