Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Picture Day

Some of these may be fuzzy... they're just proofs. I was a little late, but today we had David's 3-year-old photos and Elizabeth's 6-month-old photos taken. Here's what I learned:

  • 1) Schedule their appointments on separate days if you don't want them photographed together (and I didn't). Doing it at the same time, the portrait studio counted it as one session & wouldn't let me purchase 2 of the cheap packages!
  • 2) I should have never requested a change in the background from this bland white that the photographer started with!















I think we did get some cute pictures of David. As expected, his busted lip shined. Then he got tired of cooperating. Then came the background change. Then things went south... and I told the photographer to photograph it. Boy, he's gonna love me for this, isn't he?
And for this, David lost his privilege to ride the escalator (a.k.a. the moving stairs).
It's a good thing Elizabeth's session went better, because I was about to walk out.






I don't really have much to say about her session. It went great! Of course David calmed down quickly when it wasn't him in the spotlight.









5 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the photos. You've certainly got a couple of cuties.

I can absolutely sympathize with the session going south. When we went for Nathan's 2 year photos he threw an absolute fit. I think we only got one half way decent shot of him. We do however have some great 10 month photos of Benjamin because he was in a fabulous mood.

I think it's great that you went ahead and had them snap the shots of David having a hard time. Busted lips and crying fits are all part of growing up. Nobody said this was going to be easy.

Grandpa said...

I'm kinda like David. I don't like photo sessions either.

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your blog! I can sooooo relate :-) Your kids are really cute. Don't you love that baby stage? I have been procrastinating the whole picture thing since February. Now all 4 of my kids are due and I'm forcing myself to do it within 2 weeks. I always love the results, but the whole process is exhausting!
p.s. Thanks for visiting my blog:-)
Mom on a mission

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Exciting news on this Friday morning... Please come over and check it out!

Foxy5 said...

Cute! My boys never smile in pictures anymore, payed for ones anyway. I bribe with fish crackers and M&M's. It gets them to at least stay in the frame. Your pics turned out nice. Your children are adorable. :) I like the ones where the kids aren't always flashing big cheesy smiles (maybe I trained myself to like them after never getting a cheesy smile!) The pouting and M&M's have become a part of every picture, and it captures the personality of my kids... grumpy! :) kidding.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win