Sunday, July 01, 2007

In the Potty !!!!!!!!!


Is it truly possible that in my three years of mommyhood, my proudest moment would arrive while squatting before a little potty?

flashback a minute or two...

David was in the bathroom helping Aunt Sissy gather up towels to wash when he said, "I need take diaper off." So she took off his diaper for him and he pulled out his little potty, opened the lid and sat down. (I have never been able to get him to sit on his potty sans diaper with out him crying!) This is where I walked in & Sissy told me what had happened so far, ending with the fact that nothing had happened yet.

I was just opening my mouth to comment on his position on the potty (I figured that if he *did* go, it would have just shot out onto the floor), when he leaned forward to look down. I squatted town & realized HE WAS GOING! And there, squatted before a plastic throne, I had my proudest Mommy moment yet.

He went on his own, in his own time, in his own position... Who knew I would be so proud of tt? We proudly announced the news to Grandma & Grandpa, called MawMaw, and I even called my best friend with the big news!

2 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh, I believe it! Potty training is my biggest achievement so far. :-)

Beaver said...

In their own time - the best way, I believe! I'd like to think our lack of nightime "accidents" are attributed to "patience" on our part . . . some might mistakingly call it "frustration" . . . :-) Way to go!! And now for "emergency" searches for restrooms on the go! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win