Saved by a Fireman

Before we get into the story, I wanted to show you David's new use for tomato cages!!! She blends in with the floor, but that's Tabi (the cat) inside the stack!
Isn't this an adorable face???
Well... Mom forgot to get some cash for Dad when she went to the bank, so on the way to MOPS tonight, Mom & David stopped by a convenience store for $4 cash. I guess with gas prices so high, this store found a more lucrative business (than gasoline) to be video slots. The "store" was FILLED with smoke and packed with people playing slots. Isn't this illegal in our state? Anyway, I was a little embarrassed for taking David in there, but he seemed to enjoy the colorful lights & music!
Back out at the car, I loaded him back into the carseat, tossed my purse in the front seat, and shut his door. As it latched, I realized that I had just pushed the lock button. Yes.... I just locked my baby inside the car at a slot machine store!!! Luckily my cell phone was in my pocket, so I called Dad, who was on duty at the fire station. OK, there's no luck involved. God was watching out for David. Again, I "lucked out" that he was actually there & not on a call. His Lt allowed him & his driver in the ambulance to go to our house, pick up the extra key, and come to the store to rescue us. I called my best friend while I waited to pass the time & keep me from crying! The ambulance got there pretty fast and our favorite fireman rescued David from his mother's absent-mindedness.
Later, when we visited Dad at the station, he taught me how to break the car window with the antenna.... just in case it ever happens again on a 100+ temperature day. Better a broken window than... enough said.
We finally made it to MOPS & both enjoyed it. Here is David's art project and the Moms arranged flowers for our craft.

No comments:
Post a Comment