Tuesday, April 11, 2006

David Measures & Dad Climbs

David has this thing with tape measures... he likes them. As you can see here, he has pulled out the entire 100 feet of tape - rather quickly, I might add... first thing this morning!

And then he walked across the room, with a loop of tape around each foot, dragging a trail of tangled tape and other objects along behind him. And he looked awfully cute doing it, too! I couldn't help but laugh. Now, Mom gets to untangle it all & roll it back up before Dad gets back home!

I ended up just shutting the door to the office for most of the day because I didn't have time to mess with it & as long as he could see it, he wanted to play with it more.

Mom & David stopped by the fire station to pick up some info from the secretary after lunch. Two busses were parked in front of the building and kids were pouring out. We said hi to Dad then went into the office while he helped with the tour groups. In a few minutes another fireman came in to tell us that Dad was about to climb the ladder for the kids... the big ladder.



Up... up... up... he went!
75' up!

When he got to the top, he waved at the 80 kids, teachers & everyone else on the ground. The kids let out a loud cheer! I could hear David in my head, "See that fireman at the top of the ladder? That's my daddy!"


As he was coming back down, I tried to get David to look up, but he didn't until Dad got just above the cab. David started getting excited when he realized it was Dad! He ran over to him & gave him a bear hug!

Here is David helping Dad open the storage doors on the truck for the kids to look into.










And here is a distance shot so you can see the ladder fully extended. Click on any of the pictures to see them enlarged. Dad is standing at the base of the ladder in this picture. One group of kids is coming around the back of the truck.

In case you're wondering. Mom & David had no idea that this was going on, but like I tell Grandpa - be prepared! The camera was in the car, so I was able to run & get it in time to get the pictures. And yes, I was shaking! Shaking, holding David in one arm, trying to take pictures with the other hand! It's a wonder they turned out! : )

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

I'm glad you had your camera!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win