Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday Morning

David's teachers put a note in his bag each time he goes to church. It tells us what he ate for snack, diaper changes and has a place for comments. This morning's note said, "David has improved so much since his first day! We love watching him." I was so proud!

After church, David had another first. We went to a "pub" for lunch. It was a fish fry benefit to help a fellow B-shift firefighter (and his teacher wife) with medical bills due to his infant daughter's rare blood disease. She will be starting chemo soon and I don't believe that is available in this town. David enjoyed the neon lights, pool balls and liked the catfish even more than the french fries!!! (after it cooled off)

The food was so hot when it came, I was breaking stuff up & blowing on it while David was frantically signing that he wanted more to eat. I'd blow & blow, dip it in ketchup, give it to him. He'd pop it in his mouth & you could tell it was still hot as he chewed with his mouth open really wide, (reminded me of Grandmama eating hot food), all the while signing "more, more". We finally got him full after everything cooled!

There were tons of firemen families there. Fire trucks & ambulances pulled up to pick up lunches to take back to the stations. And there were lots of other people there, too. I was pleased to notice from all the dressed up folk that the location did not deter the church crowd from coming out to support the family. I think it would have where we used to live. I heard an older lady say this was the first time she'd ever been in a bar. Well, I can't say as I remember ever going to a bar, either!

We're back home for naptime, now. Mom & Dad go back for the benefit concert later this afternoon. David is going to stay with an A-shift firefighter & his wife and their 3 year old son.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win