"CAT"
Several people have asked how we're feeling today, so here's a quick update. I think David is feeling better. His medicine seems to be effectively killing the bacteria causing the infection. I can tell because it's leaving his body! He's not 100% yet, though. He did stick his finger in his ear several times today, so it must still be bothering him some, and of course, he's still clingy and needy of his plug. I have a new sympathy for a baby with an ear infection. How awful it must be to feel like this & not be able to communicate what the problem is! I'm still feeling bad and one medicine makes me sleepy during the day, one makes me awake at night.
Anybody remember the Kit Cat in the church nursery back in the day?
This afternoon, David sat on my lap at my desk. He had his head resting on my chest, watching the Kit Cat Clock's eyes & tail move. Then he leaned back and made the sign for CAT! I was so proud!!!
Here it is: Like drawing the whiskers of a cat. David does it one handed, not necessarily on his face, but the intent is still clear. I found this picture at Lesson Tutor.
When I took that picture, he was still looking at the clock, but we also had Tabi in our lap! You can see her ear.

3 comments:
Monday - I hope you slept well last night and are feeling better today.
Yes! Wasn't that cat orange??
I've seen orange Kit Cats, but I sure thought the one in the nursery was black & white. I also think it was bigger than the one I have now. (of course, I was smaller then, too) The true "antique" ones were larger than today's. And I remember a cord hanging down from it, I think.
Post a Comment