Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday

Sorry I have no photos today.
Overheard during bed time snacks...

Elizabeth: Who's that girl? (on the box of Legos)
David: That's Princess Leia.
Elizabeth: And who's that guy?
David: That's Luke Skywalker.
Elizabeth: Where's Han Solo?
David: He's right there! spoken with a 'you silly girl' tone
crunching of Goldfish for a while...
Elizabeth: Does Dark Vader have a family?
David: Naaahhhh.
more crunching & slurping of milk...
Elizabeth: Dark Vader's light saber is supposed to be pink.
David: No it's not! It's supposed to be red!
Elizabeth: It's supposed to be red???
David: Yea!

Today we (Mom & Dad) are meeting with a surgeon about Dad's umbilical hernia. Out of the blue yesterday, Elizabeth started talking about the doctor, so I thought I'd let them know what was happening.
Elizabeth: Lambie needs to go to the doctor and get a shot so she'll feel better. (Lambie is her stuffed lamb. Not sure why she needs a shot.)
Mom: Speaking of the doctor... tomorrow
David, cutting me off: The new baby is going to come?!?!!?
Mom: No. The baby has to grow for a while inside Mommy's tummy before it comes. Remember how big my tummy will grow before the new baby?
David: Yeah! And then all the sudden his head will pop out!!! (making puppet movements with his hands) And then the rest of him will come out and he will be soooooo cute!
Elizabeth: And our new baby will come out and be sooo cute!
Mom: OK... that's not for a while. Tomorrow, we're going to get Dad's belly button looked at.
David: Is Dad's belly button broken?
Elizabeth: Is your belly button ok, Mom?
David: Mom, did your belly button used to be broken?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha.... That's funny. I love the part about the broken belly button. We'll be praying for Alan.

Anonymous said...

I stopped by (haven't been by in a long while) and caught a few posts. Hope all goes well w/the hernia. I enjoyed your post about your water hose and tarp ... all of the post. I'd say you're blessed, and it doesn't sound like you're spoiled (about your mom's absence in your life). I imagine most would just nod in wishful thinking or agreement with you or about their own moms. Congrats on the next baby! Jenn

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win