Company Girl Coffee
Well, there will be no tour of the garden this week. I've been too busy to take photos of the plants. I hope you'll come back tomorrow for our Open House! I've got a virtual tour planned for those who're not able to come in person!
I will tell you about my week, though. I've been busy, busy, busy! My 37-week check-up was Monday. Grandma's been going to appointments with me and she keeps an eye on David & Elizabeth while I'm getting checked out. The hospital has an aviary in the lobby and bunny habitat in one of the courtyards. The kids love to go to the hospital - it's like going to the zoo! I was dilated a little more this week. This means I'm already further along than I was when I went in to deliver the 2 previous babies! Maybe she'll make her debut before April 12! After the appointment, I made a killin' at Walgreens.
If you've really got to know how the garden is going, I did a Garden Log entry on Monday, but no photos. I also got behind on Tiny Talk Tuesday this week and didn't note anything that they'd said. I did have some cute photos of the kiddo's, though. So cute, in fact, that I think I'll use a couple of them again...On Wednesday, I observed some very strange cow behavior from the cows that share some of our land (not our cows, they just cross our property)... at least it appeared strange to me.
The one maternity shirt that I bought brand new to wear to showers shrunk in the dryer and I broke my glasses this week, too. Just a nose piece fell off, but it made wearing them painful. And if the baby comes in the middle of the night when I don't have my contacts in, I'd kinda like to see what she looks like. So I had to make a special trip to town today for some repairs. The Wal-Mart Vision Center replaced both nose pads for me for $2.03. What a relief that was.
Every spare moment at home has been busy getting ready for our Open House & Baby Shower on Saturday. So many people said they wanted to see the house while we were building, that we decided we needed to do this. For some reason, Dad felt the need to do it before the baby comes, so here ya go! My sister-in-law and cousin-in-law are throwing us a baby shower in the middle of the day. I don't know what I'm going to wear now. This is all at our house, so I've been working all week to get things in order for the event.
Dad (and when I say "Dad" here on the blog, I'm referring to my husband - the kids' dad) has done a lot of work outside of the house (in between periods of rain) getting ready for the open house & it's looking really good out there. Grandpa (my dad) and Curt have even been over & did some work, too! Grandma (my mom) & MawMaw (my mother-in-law) are helping also by taking the kids away from the house! That's probably the biggest help of all! Thursday, with Elizabeth's help, I cleaned her room... twice.
So this week's been a busy one. Please come back to the blog tomorrow to visit the open house! Rachel Anne, I sent you an invitation on Facebook, but I don't know how often you check that.

10 comments:
My birthday is in April...great month to be born :) But my date is much further away than the 12th. I'm sure you wouldn't want to wait til the 28th :) Have fun on your busy weekend. I hope your Open House/Shower goes great!
Your kids are adorable! Congratulations on the soon-to-make-an-appearance new babe.
It's hard to fathom carrots being up already - here in Wis., it's not safe to plant for at least a month yet.
Have a wonderful shower!
That sounds like one interesting hospital! I've never heard of one having an aviary before! Hope you open house and shower goes well this weekend.
Best wishes,
Jo
Thanks for the invitation to come by and visit. :)
Congrats on being so close to meeting your little one! I hope you have a great open house/shower this weekend!
One of my daughter's birthday is on April 12! This year it's on Easter but the year she was born it was Palm Sunday....a lovely time of the year! You have a lot of energy for being almost ready to deliver!
Enjoy your weekend! Happy baby! Get some rest before the newest one comes
I'm the 31st of March. That's a great day too!
Good luck tomorrow. I know it will be a wonderful time blessed with many friends and family!
Thanks for the invitation...I did get it and I've been waiting to see if I have to work tomorrow or not. I'm going to try!! :)
I'm dying to meet you AND see your place!! Nothing like having a party to motivate a person to spruce things up...please don't make your baby come early by working too hard!!
The pictures are great!
Whew! Sounds like a lot of stuff for you. Hope everything will work out for you. The nosepad on my glasses broke once too, and it was really annoying. Anyhow, praying for a smooth deliver...well as smooth as possibly anyhow. Take care. If it's April 8th, that's Norm's birthday. hehe Have a good rest of the weekend.
I'm just now reading Company Girls. :/
Sounds like you've been very busy! I hope your shower and open house went well! So exciting. :)
Post a Comment