It's been a while, huh?
OK, I know. It's been a week and I missed Tiny Talk Tuesday this week. The house is just about ready. It's been pretty thoroughly cleaned by me, I installed the closet shelving, cleaned the windows (with some help from Aunt Wee) and the painter has been doing touch-up work this week. The electrician was supposed to finish this week, but in his absence, Dad pretty much fired him by doing the work himself. Too bad Dad can't dig & install a septic system... That's about all we've got left.
We missed the last 3 weeks of Cubbies for various reasons, but made it this week. I was so proud of David! Not only was he well behaved the whole time, but he was able to recite all 4 Bible verses, catching up on all the ones he'd missed! He got his Hopper patch (which he actually earned the last week we were there, but the teacher was out of patches) and 2 of his path patches.
Saturday was a big day as we spent 5 hours birthday partying. And we didn't even make it to both parties we were invited to! We joined family & a bunch of 8- & 9-year old boys to celebrate D&E's cousin Alex's 9th birthday. There was a bounce house with an obstacle course & slide...
My husband is a bit of a chef (when he wants to). Apparently, a fire station he was at recently was staffed with a bunch of firefighting gourmets and one of them mentioned a recipe that sparked his interest. I had recently read about it myself: Insalata Caprese. And yes, it was tasty!

2 comments:
I'm glad your house is almost done. The colors are very nice. Liz
You look soo cute with your little baby bump!!! I can't believe you're already 15 wks!! Where does the time go? Are y'all planning on finding out what Jr might be? You're not that far away from u/s telling gender time!!! I always say one of these days that we're going to wait it out and be surprised but it never happens. I get too impatient and can't stand the suspense. I figure it's either a surprise at 18-20 wks or it's a surprise at 40 or 41 wks! Either way you're going to get surprised. LOL! You look great!
And I love the pics of the house on your flickr pics! I'm jealous of all your color. We're still getting our color done one room at a time. By the end of it it should resemble y'alls in a very near way. Brad and I are both color addicts. I love the yellow the most!!! The brighter the better!
Post a Comment