Tiny Talk Tuesday & a Halloween Scare
David, who's all boy, was looking at his leg in the car the other day & I heard him saying, "And there's a scratch, and there's a chigger, and there's a smudge..." This caught my attention, so I turned around to see him pointing out some bruises on his legs.
With this new TV converter box, we now get the channel Qubo. One of the major advertisers is the Pancake Puff Pan (a very convincing commercial - of course, I want one, now!). Dad came into the kitchen while David was talking about the Pancake Puff Pan. So I said, "Hey, David, tell Dad how easy it is to use the Pancake Puff Pan." So David started out, "The Pancake Puff Pan is easy to use; just pour and flip! Kids love pancake puffs! " It was really cute to hear him selling the pan.
An old friend of Dad's sent him one of those emails that has you watch a video that ends with a person suddenly jumping out to scare the pants off you. Really funny when you see people opening it on America's Funniest Home Videos. Not so funny when your 4-year-old is watching over your shoulder. David's freak-out lasted about 30 minutes. He was able to calm down as we watched 101 Dalmatians 2, but then had a relapse.
So we pulled out David's Cubbies book and read some of the stories and worked on his Bible verses. Seemed like the best way to change what his mind was on. In the book, Ernie Elephant got a new Better Butter Batter Baker, which he uses to bake his Most Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies. Of course, that led us to the kitchen where we pulled out the classic, Betty Crocker's Cooky Book.
I never noticed how they spelled cookie until I loaded the picture on the blog. The newer versions don't spell it that way. Huh. Anyway, visit Not Before 7 for more Tiny Talk. And if anyone out there has a Pancake Puff Pan, let me know what you think of it! : )

1 comment:
Yeah, funny -- on AFV. I don't like the new Cookie Book. I like the "Cooky Book." Did I tell you that I found one on Ebay that's the same as the one Momma has.
Post a Comment