Sunday, October 05, 2008

Date Night at the Movies

I forgot my camera for our date night. So here we are in the theater on my cell phone! Dad wasn't smiling because he was trying to figure out how to get his phone to take a picture and I didn't give him any warning. It's really hard to take a cell phone picture of yourself in the dark!

Anyway, the kids had a great time with MawMaw, staying up 'till the wee hours of 10:30pm! Yes, even Elizabeth was up that late, but she was having a ball! No problems going to bed tonight!!

And Dad & I had a great time doing whatever we wanted without having to worry about the little ones. For example, we walked by a fountain in the mall without any fits about not staying & getting in it. We walked past a playground without stopping. We ordered what we wanted to eat instead of what came with a side of something that one kid or the other would eat. Dad tried alligator! I wasn't that brave. But I did change up my late night coffee order - instead of my usual decaf white chocolate mocha - I got a seasonal flavor, decaf maple white chocolate mocha! Whew! That was a stretch, but it was tasty!

And the movie... Wow. We don't see many movies in the theater. Maybe 2 or 3 tops in a year. I might tell people it was good afterwards, but when I left Fireproof I felt like I wanted to go out into the world and force everyone I know to go see it.

fireproofbanner

It hit home in so many ways. It was so real that it could have been us once upon a time. This is real world stuff, and the world needs to see it.

If you've ever struggled in your marriage, go see this movie. If you're perfectly happy in your marriage, go see this movie. If you're divorced, go see this movie. If you ever plan to get married, so see this movie. If you're a firefighter or married to one, go see this movie. If you're alive and breathing - Go see this movie!

And from a firefighter's prospective - Dad liked it, too. Station life was accurate and we both noticed 2 things during a fire scene that "real" firefighters would have never done. We stayed for the credits and noticed that they listed names of their FD consultants and also the names of the firefighters where they shot the movie.

So, we had a great date night! And I can't say it enough - go see Fireproof!

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Did you like the movie?

Unknown said...

I think she liked the movie... I've only heard good things about it and if we hadn't had ladies retreat we would have gone this weekend. Love your review, especially "If you're alive & breathing go see this movie." :-)

Andy said...

My church here rented the Beltonian for one night and showed it to us for free. AMAZING movie. Great message and pretty entertaining too. : ) LOVED IT.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win