The latest floors!
OK, so it wasn't rocket science & I figured out how to resize my photos with Paint. How basic can you get? Anyway...
Here is the laminate flooring going into the dining room. The plastic hanging all over the place is the drape put up by the painters to keep the walls safe while they painted the cabinets, which you can see just a sneak peek of there on the side. Dad made walkways throughout the house of cardboard so the workers, who don't seem particularly careful, won't tromp mud all over the pretty floors!
And here you can see the master bathroom coming together! The tile was grouted today (after this photo, with a light colored grout) & I haven't seen it yet. We did 2 bands of glass mosaic tiles in the shower to pick up the blues in the room. It looks beautiful! The clawfoot tub from Dad's great-grandmother's house will sit there under the window. I'm imagining that will feel pretty good to soak in when I'm big & pregnant! Window sill & baseboards need to be added.
I hear that the cabinets were also finished today and that Mr. Builder's guys started putting the baseboards back up (they had to be taken down to install the laminate). They decided against working on the chimney in the rain. I surely wouldn't want to be on the wet tin roof!
If the fumes have cleared out by morning, I'll get back to work on some things that have been put off while flooring was going on. Now I need my bed!

No comments:
Post a Comment