A Letter to My 4-year-old
I remember standing on the front porch of our house in West Texas with a pregnancy test in my hand. Dad was working in the yard. He came onto the porch to hear the news. We were excited. We were scared.
I remember the day I had to start giving myself shots. Twice a day, I gave myself a heparin injection and repeated, "I love this baby. I love this baby!"I remember the joy that all of our family & friends shared awaiting your arrival and the outpouring of gifts and cards - 4 baby showers! We were not the only ones who were excited about your arrival!
I remember the overwhelming relief when you were born safely and Dad's tears as he saw his first born, a son, who would carry his father's name. I remember fear & pain in taking you in for jaundice tests in the first week and the blue light you had to be wrapped in.
I remember thinking, "How on earth did we get such a cute baby?!?!" I remember quickly realizing how much I didn't know!
I remember caring for you through really strange living situations, praying with you every night, teaching you, trusting God with you. To hear you talk & run now, no one would ever know that it didn't come easy.You amaze me and entertain me. You keep me on my toes. You are so smart, talented, creative and inventive! I can't believe you're 4 already, and I can't imagine how dull my life would be without you.
I am so glad that God picked me to be your Mommy.
Happy Birthday, David! I love you!!!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!
One of these days David will relize what an awesome,God fearing woman his Mother really is!!!
From a very proud momma and grandma. I LOVE YOU ALL!
Post a Comment