Tiny Talk Tuesday
David spent some time with MawMaw on Sunday evening. When she brought him home, I had lit the candle in the jack-o-lantern outside. I told David to show MawMaw his pumpkin, so he took her across the yard, pointing at it. When we got to the pumpkin, he took the lid off and looked inside saying, "Jesus is inside the pumpkin."
"What?" asked MawMaw, unsure that she heard what she thought she heard. So I explained that in The Pumpkin Patch Parable, the farmer compares his jack-o-lantern with the candle inside to the light of Jesus shining inside us.
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. - Matthew 5:16
I haven't tried to teach David the words to the LarryBoy theme song, but perhaps I should...See more Tiny Talk Tuesday over at Not Before 7!
Thinking about Thanksgiving? My sister has written an eBook called Give Thanks that she's selling at the Homeschool eStore. It has readings for each day from last Sunday through Thanksgiving Day. I've also compiled a list of Thanksgiving books in my Amazon store.

1 comment:
I love the Pumpkin Patch Parable... AND Larry Boy!
Aunt Sissy
Post a Comment