Monday, October 22, 2007

Who Wants Free Steaks?

I've been reading a lot lately about more substantial living, urban homesteading, and just saving money through lifestyle in general. That's the kind of links I was clicking on when I ran across Catherine Wheels. Here's where I perked up - free meat!

OK, folks, I did this. It works... as long as the coupons are honored by Omaha Steaks & Geico. So here's what you do (read carefully):

Step One - Click here to sign up for Geico Privileges. This is free to sign up for. You're not asking for an insurance quote or changing insurance or anything, you're just signing up for a perks program. And I assume you'll be able to un-subscribe later. They will email you a confirmation that you signed up. As a thank you for signing up, Geico Privileges will give you a coupon code for $25 off at Omaha Steaks. The code is in the confirmation email and it may take an hour or more for you to get your email. I had to wait overnight before I got my email & code. Check your spam filter if you don't see it & be patient! : )

Step Two - Next, follow this link and add your email address. Yes, I will get credit for you following that link. If 2 people follow my link, I'll get another $20 gift card. You'll be able to create your own link after you register. After you've entered your email address there, you will get another email from "shareomahasteaks" with a link inside the email. You'll click on that link to get started and that will automatically add 12 free 4-oz steak burgers to your shopping cart. (Don't worry, this won't show up until you check out.)

Step Three - Continue shopping. Really you can pick any other item you want, but if you go to the burger page and select 8 5-oz steak burgers for $12.99, you're entire order will be practically free!

Step Four - Checkout. Enter your mailing address & in your cart you'll see the free steaks, plus the item you selected, plus shipping. My shipping was $13.99, but remember you've got a $25 coupon code from Geico Privilidges! BEFORE you enter your payment information, enter the coupon code that was emailed to you and click apply. On my order of steak burgers, the coupon took my total, including shipping, down to $1.98!!! Then you can complete the transaction, paying with your credit card or even with your Paypal account.

I have my confirmation in my hand from Omaha Steaks saying that my cooler of meat should arrive before October 28. That's 88-oz of steak burgers, or 20 burgers, for $1.98! Catherine figured out that's hamburger for 36c per pound! Cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I think I'm gonna have to do this!! Thanks for the info!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win