Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pumpkin Muffins


Remember the jar mix I made at my last MOPS meeting? Well, I mixed it up tonight since David had been asking for pumpkin bread. I used my Wilton Silicone Pumpkin Pan and truly had Pumpkin Muffins! Click on the image for a larger view...


Heather from Not a DIY Life asked for the recipe, so here ya go!


Pumpkin Jar Mix
Layer into quart jar in the following order:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup raisins
Decorate lid of jar with a square of fabric and ribbon, jute, or something like that. Tie on recipe card for the muffins (see below). This dry mix can be stored in your pantry for up to 6 months and makes a great gift.


Pumpkin Mini Muffins
(This is what should appear on the recipe card you tie on the jar.)
  • 1 jar Pumpkin Mini Muffin Mix
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 400*F. In large bowl, place Pumpkin Muffin Mix. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Add egg, pumpkin, and milk. Stir until well blended. Fill greased or paper lined mini muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done.

The batter looks more like cookie dough than muffin mix and the muffins are pretty dense, but the tasted pretty yummy! Now I just need to figure out what to do with a can of pumpkin, less 1/2 cup. Any suggestions???

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

The muffins taste great!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this! I plan to make several as to give away. I love these types of gits.

And for the leftover pumpkin, I mix it into Vanilla pudding (once it has set) to make a yummy snack or dessert.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win