Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday: A Big Week

There's been a lot of tiny talk this week! It makes me so proud to see David's vocabulary improve. He has come so far in the last year! Visit Mary at Not Before 7 to see more Tiny Talk!

Wednesday night we were late coming in from Cubbies. Dad was just inside the door flicking the light on & off, but David couldn't see him.
David: The light needs new batteries!

Coming home from dinner out with Dad's cousin, the sky was dark but a long wispy cloud was reflecting light from the Metroplex & appeared gray.
David: I see an amazing gray light.
Mom: An amazing gray light?
David: Yeah, a wonderful, amazing gray light!

Sunday afternoon we were hiking around our spot when we came across some critter poop on the path. David stopped for a closer look.
Mom: Some little animal pooped there; don't touch it.
David: It's lion poop!

As we pulled out from that trip, the sun was behind some looming storm clouds. Beautiful rays of sunlight were streaming out from the clouds, but you couldn't see the sun.
David: Mom, the sun is stuck in those clouds!


While watching my favorite show, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, one of the kids got a drum set in his room. David quickly scanned the room & found a box to drum on. Enter Dad, who joined the drum fest on the box...
lots of drumming on a cardboard box noise
David: You're a good drummer, Dad!
And he is!

Later, I was talking to Dad in the bathroom...
David: Why are you being so complicated, Mom?
I have no idea where he heard that one!


Elizabeth has also picked up on some signs and has signed "milk" a few times before nursing! Here she is with our CPR Teddy, which I practiced on today. When was the last time you practiced your Infant & Child CPR skills?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Watch out for the lions in your neighborhood! That's too funny.

Candace said...

He does have a great vocabulary. I love the complicated lol.

Momma Roar said...

You have lions in your neck of the woods too? I thought it was just my neighbor's dog going in my yard! heehee

cute ones!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I love the sun being stuck in the clouds. He is such a cutie pie. I love that stuff.

Grandpa said...

In fact I just completed a CPR class tonight!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win