Speech Progression
I can't remember if I mentioned that David has been using an odd sentence structure. Forgive me if this is a repeat. He's been saying sentences like: "I found it. Lightning. (the car)" or "I hear it. Airplane." or "I see it. Chris-chris tree." WELL yesterday, he ran into the living room, spotted Lightning on the floor and said, "Lightning! I found you!" I was excited about this change, thinking that it seems to be progress toward more grown-up speech.
He's also started using the phrase, "Gimmie kiss!" while playing with his Cars. One day I had to kiss Lightning for what seemed like 5 minutes while David kept repeating, "Gimmie kiss" and holding Lightning to my lips! Then he started running the cars into each other, saying it & making the cars kiss each other. Then yesterday, I overheard him playing & eavesdropped on this conversation:
Lightning in one hand, Sally in the other. (both Cars characters, Grandma)It was soooo cute!!! I'll try to get some new pictures up later today.
"Gimmie kiss!"
Cars smash together.
"Mmmuh!" (kissing sound)
Then he rolled around on the floor making them blow kisses to each other.

1 comment:
I thought a kiss was a gentle thing!
Post a Comment