Tuesday, December 26, 2006

In Search of Boppy

This is my boppy pillow. (OK, I know I'm probably the only one who cares about my boppy pillow, but it has been very important to me the last few days for some reason... maybe it's part of nesting.)

I got it when pregnant with David and it was the best nursing pillow I could have ever had. There were no choices in fabrics when I got it - this was it. It was well used for 11 months.



Now comes baby #2 and I see no need to buy another pillow - they've started making slipcovers for them. So my search for a slipcover began online where I found this one at Target.






Then this pretty purple one was found at Babies-R-Us, but since it's reversible, it was pretty expensive.

Then, where should I turn, but eBay. There I found a small assortment of Boppy brand slipcovers, but a large assortment of home made slipcovers, including one that I really liked at a comparable price to the brand name ones. But the seller couldn't show me a picture of the fabric on the back of the pillow.

Then I got to thinking, "If she can do that, so can I!" This is my first attempt. It's a bit baggy, but it serves the purpose of covering the boppy.

I decided to try a larger seam allowance for a better fit and then I got creative...



Voila! An almost perfect fit, customized to match my ladybug wall hanging that coordinates perfectly with the bedding!

I think I could not be happier with my new boppy slipcover!!!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win