Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Dad Fights Fire on His Day Off!


This is why fireworks are illegal in city limits!

A fireman had just called to report one of our neighbors shooting off fire works. Not 2 minutes later there came a frantic pounding on our front door. I had just gotten out of the shower & just had a towel wrapped around me, but heard Dad race through the house & outside. When I got to where I could see outside, I saw the fire moving across our yard!

The fire made it to the other neighbor's driveway & very close to his truck! So if you're coming to visit us soon, don't be surprised to see our yard blackened. Only fireman in town with a burned yard!

Baby Update: The midwife said not to expect a New Year's baby. : ( Almost dilated to a 2. Nothing else to report. Next visit, next week.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Where is the picture of your fireman with his high pressure garden hose? Did the fire truck come? Who was pounding on the door? Do the people with the fireworks know that they started a fire?

onemotherslove said...

As soon as I got clothes on I ran out & asked if I needed to call for a truck - he said no, they had it under control with the hose. I was too panicked to take pictures then! The kids who were shooting fireworks were the ones banging on the door, spraying the water & carrying buckets from their house.

Pipesville said...

Did you call the cops to have them arrested? Or just felt like doing that?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win