Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stuff On Tort, The Park & R.O.U.S.'s

I recently discovered a website called, Stuff On My Cat, which is hilarious! People submit photos of... are you ready... Stuff piled on their cats!!! I'm thinking of submitting this one:

Notice how one face looks excited & happy, while the other face looks a little perturbed?

David & Mom went to the park this afternoon. As we were walking out the door, I said, "Let's go!" and David said, "Go DaDe," with a great big grin. So we went to the fire station first!!! Mom took a picture of this footbridge at the park for OneOldMan.

The playground at the park was under remodeling or something, so we just went on the walking trail. I think the ducks & geese were expecting some food, because they kept following us!



Here is David on the bridge looking at the water & water fowl! When I took the previous picture of the birds, I was having trouble holding David back from the water! I was glad to have him contained while we were on the bridge.


Can anyone confirm what in the world these things are??? I first thought beaver, until I saw their tail... that's not a beaver tail. They were swimming around with the ducks and getting out on the banks. One got within 2 feet of us on the bank of the river!

This one is sitting on a cypress root near the bank of the river. They were only slightly afraid of us. I asked a dog walking couple we met on the bridge if they knew what they were. The girl said, "They look like R.O.U.S.'s." Having enjoyed The Princess Bride myself, I knew she meant Rodents Of Unusual Size. The guy thought they were nutria, which does look correct based on that website. (Side note, the dog walking couple had 2 dogs. One was a pug & David showed instant recognition like he thought it was Dumplin!)

A teenage boy who was throwing something from Sonic at the birds called them chinchilla, which is totally wrong! The varmints quickly swam out to where the food was being thrown when the geese started honking about it, so I guess they're used to eating that stuff, too.


There were a bunch of them out there, though, and it did make for an interesting time at the park. David really wasn't interested in them swimming, but was interested in the one on the bank.

Fianl comments that are off topic:

Happy Birthday, Tia Taya!!!

Pray for Aunt Sissy, Uncle Glenn, and Cousin Lauren:
They're on their way to Turkey as we speak to teach VBS to missionary's kids for a week!

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Nice foot bridge.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win