Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome Spring with the Super Moon!

The "Super Moon" as it arose on the horizon.  It's dark, but you can kinda make out the playhouse in the foreground.  The kids were excited to see it so bright orange and large as it came up.  Click on that link to see a comparison photo & explanation of why it's called super.

(It's times like these when I wish I had a really good camera with a long range lens!  Repeating to myself, "Thou shalt not covet...")


I saw lots of really good photos on the wall at Texas Parks & Wildlife on Facebook.  Some of my favorites are a classic Texas Moon and wow over the detail of this close-up!!

Here's a little taste of the excitement that went on at our house as we watched the moon ascend:

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win