Garden Log: Tomatoes
The tomatoes perked up today and I bumped them up into gallon nursery containers, since I'm not ready to set them out in the garden yet.I picked the bottom sets of leaves off & planted much of the stem to encourage some more root growth.
After they had straightened up, I noticed that this Wild Cherry has buds on it already! Also a couple of the pots had more than one plant coming up and I was able to separate them. That combined with the fact that I only ordered 6 varieties (6 plants), but actually received 7 varieties (ending up with 12 plants!), and I am very pleased with my order from Heirloom Tomatoes of Texas!
I still need to bump up the tomatillo and plan on getting that done tomorrow. It's blooming and has 2 plants in the pot also!
As a test, I transplanted one Jalapeno seedling into a larger container also. It's not too happy so far. We'll see how he feels tomorrow...

1 comment:
A covering of plastic wrap for a few days will help the pepper transplants to retain moisture when first moved.
Post a Comment