Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Garden Log: Sprouting, Planting & Pruning

Not all of the outside seedlings washed away in the downpour last night! Here are a couple of Rainbow Swiss Chard seedlings which have now sprouted. There are a few of these little guys peeking up. Don't know if the spinach survived the drip line or not. I haven't seen it.

There are the Cannas starting to emerge. And some grass I need to pull. Is it canna or cana?

Since I've never grown potatoes before, I can't say I tried something new with them, so I'll say I tried something non-traditional with the potatoes - caging them. We'll see how it works. I put up 2 potato cages today and planted red potatoes in them.

I also got my container roses pruned & watered today - 2 Knock Outs, 1 Caldwell Pink, and 1 I can't remember what. Now I just need to decide where I want to plant them. I don't intend on moving them any more!

FINALLY - we have pepper seedlings!!! In every pot! These are Jalapeno Peppers. We also have Firecrackers, Bells, Anaheim, and Sunbright. The Peppermint finally sprouted also!

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Is it time to prune my roses?

Jennifer said...

I saw your comment about the Blue Bell coupon. I had the link incorrectly, but it is fixed now!

Liz said...

Hey there your sprouts look great! We did a square foot garden last year, it was great!

To answer your question from awhile back we are in the Temple area, well in the country about 30 minutes from Temple. It has been fun to show the kids my old stomping grounds and UMHB! They thought the "kissing tree" was cool!

Hope you are feeling well with baby #3.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win