Garden Log: More Sprouting & Outside Stuff
Today we have more sprouting inside:
- Catnip continues to sprout & send up thin little towers.
- Another 2 Hollyhocks have emerged!
- The tiniest seeds ever, Greek Oregano, have sent up the tiniest sprouts ever! I have to strain to see them even, but they're there in every cell.
- Pepper seeds are slow going. They appear to have sent out a root, which is visible as it curves along the surface, but don't really have any vertical growth yet. Almost every pot has this visible sign that something is happening, though.
- Sweet Basil sprouts continue to grow & a couple of new sprouts have appeared as well.
- Marigolds are flourishing.
The wheat that David grew for a science project is still growing in his jar. At this point, it is keeping the cats preoccupied enough to keep them away from the sprouts. I had to get some more paper towels yesterday to clean up after the cats eating wheat... : (
Outside:
It rained yesterday, so the trough where I had planted Swiss Chard and Spinach got a good watering. I hope it wasn't too much. I can still see 2 Swiss Chard sprouts. They're bright red, and easy to identify! Still no sign of the spinach.
In other troughs, the Iris that I got from Grandmama's house last fall are all doing very well with some new plants coming up. The Cannas I got on Freecycle have started sending up things, too. (those rolled leaves they send up - do you call those sprouts?) The Artimesia from another Freecycle venture looks amazing and the Fall Obedient Plant from that same gardener is having lots of babies as well!
Does anybody know if Purple Wandering Jew that froze will come back or should I clean out that pot?

No comments:
Post a Comment