Friday, January 09, 2009

For Elizabeth's 2nd Birthday

Dear Elizabeth,

Sunday, April 2, 2006 was a day that changed our lives forever. It seemed like an ordinary Sunday, but that day, we had a guest speaker at church, Dr. Voddie Baucham. He had been there for a weekend event that I had fully planned to attend, but had completely forgotten. Thankfully God got us there for the sermon we needed to hear most. The church's sermon link is not still up, but this page is almost the exact same sermon he preached that morning: Multigenerational Promise. I am still inspired and convicted by that message.

Dad & I thought about what we'd heard for 2 days. Finally on April 4, as we drove to GV, we talked it out. It was scary. It was exciting. We decided we wanted God's blessing. We decided to have a second baby.

January 9, 2007 you arrived. So tiny. So beautiful.


Today we celebrate your second birthday. And just like last year, I wanted to note what you're up to now-a-days.


I think you become more beautiful every day. Your chocolate brown eyes and dark brown ringlets are adorable! Your grandmas and great-grandmas love to spend time with you and always comment on how expressive you are. You love your ABC's - you love identifying letters everywhere you see them and singing the ABC song. Of course, we have to follow the ABC song with If You're Happy and You Know It. In the last few days, you've also enjoyed counting to 10, albeit just a bit out of order. But that's ok, you have plenty of time to learn. Your sentences get longer each week.

You love stuffed animals, books of all kinds, Sesame Street, real animals, and the Little People barn you got for Christmas! You love your family - all of them. This Christmas you spent lots of time with your extended families and loved on everyone, especially your cousins. You are happy most of the time but are also starting to show a bit of a temper! You can hold your own with David, too!

I am so blessed to have you for a daughter and I thank God for taking us to hear that sermon back in 2006! I thank Him for convincing us to accept His blessing: you. I can hardly wait to see what you'll do this year, but I know it will be amazing.

I love you very much,
Mama

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, you make me cry. Such a lovely sentiment. YOURmomma

Anonymous said...

Ok so this made me cry. Please give my lovely niece a big hug and a happy birthday message from her Aunt Jana. Tell her that I love her very much!

Much Love (still blubbering)

Aunt Jana

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Unknown said...

She really is growing more beautiful. This is a great pic!

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win