Starting PreK, Ice & Tiny Talk!
Finally... Monday was our first official day of Preschool at home! David has really been looking forward to it, even though he really didn't know what that meant. I was just hoping he wasn't disappointed it meant staying at home with mom!So far, I think he's enjoying it. I took pictures the first day, which are on my flickr. (Keep in mind those photos will appear in reverse order.) Some of the highlights were making letters with the wood pieces from Handwriting Without Tears:
and being able to draw on the new easel with chalk:
I was actually surprised how quickly we went through the lesson plans. So far our longest day has been about an hour & 20 minutes - and I've added in some extra books & workbooks! I suppose that's a good start, though. The only thing I know that holds his attention longer than that is Legos!
Elizabeth is sometimes at the table with us, sometimes with Dad, and sometimes doing her own activities like coloring or playing with ABC magnets:Our first day of preschool also happened to be the ice day! It was nice to be inside with a warm fire going all day long as the drizzle slowly built up on the trees. What resulted was absolutely beautiful!
I can only guess that the ice was the source of our power flickering several times on Monday. With the last flicker, we lost our internet. We were down until Tuesday night, so I completely missed Tiny Talk Tuesday. So, for those of you hungry for the cuteness, here's a delayed version:
Last week, David kissed Lauren & then said, "I turned you into a frog!"
Tonight in the car, Elizabeth was playing her animal game (she either hollers out an animal name or a sound, then I'm supposed to make the sound or guess her animal). Her turkey was hilarious!
Then David said something about the animals, so I asked, "Who made the animals?" "God!" "What else did God make?" "Sharks!" "What else?" ... "There are lots of sharks in Mexican-co, in the Mexican-co ocean." ...
"God made the whole earth." "We live on the Earth and I see a star (out his window). That star is a planet." "I think that planet is Venus." ... "Why is Venus following us?" ... (turning the corner) "Venus is gone!" ... (turning again) "Oh! Venus is back again!"
Dad said he remembered watching the moon from the back of the car when he was little (back before car seats) and thinking the moon was following them. It's amazing how much they are alike!

2 comments:
So cute! Love the animal game. I'm working on animal sounds with our Ladybug.
Love that last picture! Looks like EB's is saying "Gotch!!"
LOVEgrandma
Post a Comment