Happy First Birthday, Elizabeth!
Dear Elizabeth,
I am amazed how quickly your first year of life has flown by! That, however, pales in my amazement of you every day. You are so different from David that everything is brand new again. I love to watch you forming words with your mouth. I never knew it could happen so early in life! I love to see the excitement in your eyes when you recognize someone or some thing that you love. I love to watch you work your way across the carpet without actually crawling. I love the look of love you have for me.I wanted to make note of some things that you're doing as you turn one year old. Your first word was Mama, then Dada. That makes me proud! : ) You can also say uh-oh, Elmo (who you love), Da-di (David), apple, nana (banana), di-de (diaper), t-ka t-ka (when you see a kitty), a da (all done), and yesterday I heard you say Ga-pa when Grandpa was talking loudly across the room. You have attempted to sign milk, up, all done, more, and diaper.
You love to eat oatmeal, blueberries, & squash. By yourself you enjoy eating banana slices, apple slices, crackers, Chex cereal, zwieback toast, and pizza crust. Your favorite drink is Mama milk and water. You refuse to eat green beans, Cheerios, Gerber fruit puffs, and won't drink formula or juice! You have a problem digesting whole milk, so after your birthday we'll try lactose free milk like we had to do with David. Your bottom is happier in cloth diapers. You have 3 teeth on the bottom & 2 on the top look like they break through at any moment.I fall more in love with you every time you smile at me, every time you cry for me, with every juicy & toothy kiss, every moment you're awake and every moment you're asleep. You are amazing, my little girl.
I love you,
Mama













2 comments:
What a sweet post! Happy birthday, Elizabeth! You are blessed with the best mommy, daddy and brother that God can give you.
Awwww! You know how to make a grandma cry!! Elizabeth is indeed a very special little girl!
LOVEmomma(aka-grandma)
Post a Comment