Fun Stuff for the Kids
My mother-in-law recently gave me a compliment, saying "You think up such fun stuff for the kids to do!" While I do consider myself a creative person, a lot of the credit goes to everyone else who shares their creative ideas. The internet is a great place to get ideas, so today I thought I'd share some of my favorite websites & kids craft blogs with you.
A couple of week's ago, I stumbled across another neat blog: Unplug Your Kids. "Mom Unplugged" posts a weekly theme for her Unplugged Project on the site and encourages others to join in the fun. I'm behind getting it posted - Last week's theme was garden, so I let David help me water our little garden. He had so much fun being in control of the hose and making mud! Oh, and the plants did get a little water. He also added a little pinwheel & an iron truck filled with gravel to our flower bed.Another great source for kids craft ideas is the Kids Craft Weekly newsletter. Sign up for email delivery of the free newsletter on the website. Australian mom, Amber, also has some of the project printables on the website and some helpful crafting related articles for your enjoyment! Participants are encouraged to share photos of the projects from the newsletter at the Kids Craft Weekly Flickr Group. This sponge crab idea came from a recent newsletter featuring animals to craft. This project was a little bit over David's skill level, so I did most of it, but he loves crabs so much that he has had a ball playing with it. I found one of the cats playing with it last night, too!
Scrumdilly-Do! has all sorts of fun things to do - craft projects, artwork, book recommendations, recipes - and she calls the little people "kidlets!" Gotta love that, right Dad? Our version of her art in parts project is in-progress. This painting is done over a few days with the paper folded a different direction each time. I think we've got a few more days to add to our piece before it's finished. She also hosts a Flickr group by the same name to showcase kids projects.
Fireworks painting was also from Scrumdilly-Do's archive, but I saw it at The Crafty Crow. If you've got time to visit only one kids crafting blog, make it The Crafty Crow! "Bella Dia" finds the best in kids projects and gives you the links to the how-to pages with each post. You'll find art & crafts, recipes, nature projects, pretend play ideas, party themes! Of course, there's also a Crafty Crow Flickr Group.
Now, if you have lots & lots of free time, all of those websites I gave you also have lots of other links to follow to more websites & blogs, more ideas & samples than you'll ever be able to see in an average Mom's lifetime! Click away!
We also take advantage of fun programs like local VBS and this week we went to the Preschool Music Fun Day at church. More pictures here, then enjoy the video below.
PS - I'll announce the winner

1 comment:
I just love the crab project! What a fantastic idea. Thanks for the link as well.
Post a Comment