Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tiny Talk on Location

If you've been reading for a while, you know that David (age 3.75) has an unusual interest in, of all things, the pipe organ. His Dad is responsible for that... as well as his natural musical talent! (of course my children are talented!!) : ) Anyway, on Monday, we took a "field trip" to the Myerson Symphony Center in Dallas to attend a pipe organ recital played on the Lay Family Concert Organ, pictured above. Here we are waiting for the recital to begin:


Grandpa went with us and took that picture for us.

I believe if it had been any other noise as loud as that organ started out, David would have started crying. But no, he was a trooper and hung on tear free thanks to his love of the pipe organ! He did, however, cover his ears!

Between songs, as the organist talked about the organ, David pulled his organ book out of his backpack and flipped through the pages, comparing the pictures to the grand organ in front of him. Some of his comments included
  • The big pipes are loud.
  • The little pipes are pretty.
  • She's playing with her feet.

After the recital, we toured the facility, and David continued to find all sorts of things interesting. Did you know the life span of a harp is only 50 years?
That night for bedtime prayers, I asked David what he wanted to thank God for. He said, "Thank you, God, for pipe organs, and big pipes, and little pipes, and foot pedals..." and he said some other word that I didn't know. I don't doubt that it was the correct terminology, though!

Here are a few pictures of the building that I thought were pretty. I love the flow of the lines in the lobby area.


I know this was kinda slim on actual Tiny Talk, but that's ok... Tune in next week for more! In the mean time if you want to read more cute stuff, go to Not Before 7.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome field trip!! What an amazing thing for David to be obsessed with. I hope his love for music never stops growing!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Beautiful shots! His observations were quite on target :)

What a neat experience to have.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win