Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Playing in the yard, David (3.75) asks, "Can we share it?" He's asking about his lawnmower. What he really means is, "Can I take it from Elizabeth?"

One night in the tub, David laid down to "swim" amongst the fish & duckies:
I'm swimming!
Fish swim, too!
Ducks swim, too!
Tadpoles swim, too!
Octopusses swim, too!



I started teaching David to sign at about 18 months, when he still wasn't talking. Now that he's talking non-stop, he still throws a sign in every once in a while. His fingers never have cooperated, but here you can see in this photo, while turned backwards, he finally got his fingers to say, "I love you!" He can do it with both hands, now, and is quite proud of the accomplishment. Now we can teach him to sign, "Live long and prosper." (jk)

One afternoon while he was sitting on the couch with the sun shining on him, I asked if the warm sun felt good. David replied, "No. The sun is hot. We need to blow on it."



I've lost track of the words Elizabeth (13 mo) has started saying, there's been so many! She never ceases to amaze me. The newest addition to her vocabulary is, "Night night!" She includes the exclamation point, too!
.
Don't those eyes melt your heart?!
.
For more Tiny Talk Tuesday, visit Not Before 7.
.
Hey, leave me a comment!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

They grow so fast. My daughter is really into animals I am trying to teach her what the eat. Hope you have a great week!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Awww - I just love those first words! (Then, as you've noticed, they never stop, lol.)

God's girl said...

They are so precious!
Blessings,
Angela

Vashonnte said...

the sun one is my favorite!!

Andrea said...

"Need to blow on it!" That's too much! Doesn't that help everything that's hot? lol
Andrea

Amy said...

Adorable pics. I love the sun comment. Very smart!

Unknown said...

They are both growing so fast! I think our Ladybug is going to skip crawling. Straight from butt scooting to walking!

Have a great day!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Hope he cooled down that hot sun! Cute stuff.

Happy TTT! See you Tuesday. Your kids are growing so fast :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win