Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday & Our First Bus Ride

Elizabeth's vocabulary has now expanded to include vowel sounds and consonant sounds. Now that she's got dadada down, mamama seems to be a thing of the past. But I will always remember that she said my name first! At times her dadada seems like dadid... hmmm... could she seriously be saying David? Yesterday was her 8 month birthday. I just can't believe it. No teeth yet, but look how long her hair is getting!

Monday, we went with Grandma's quilt club, the Sew & Sews, to the big Jo-Ann Superstore in Dallas. Before leaving the church, we all made a potty run. Grandma ended up in the stall beside us, and she waved under the partition. David quickly caught on...

D: Grandmas go tt in the potty?
Mom: Yes.
D (rather loudly): Great job, Grandma!!!
Loud cackles from the rest of the bathroom.

We went in the church bus, making this both David & Elizabeth's first bus ride! David thought it was pretty cool getting on the bus.

I think he liked the big windows and he pointed out all colors of cars on the highways, a Target truck, and lots of rain.

Elizabeth also seemed to enjoy herself. Actually, she slept most of the time that the bus was rolling.

We quietly sang a few songs while the ladies visited with each other. David had finished off all 3 of the granola bars that I brought by about 30 minutes into the trip!

Grandpa was our bus driver. He wore his cowboy hat.

After letting the ladies off at Jo-Ann's, we stayed in the bus a little bit while Elizabeth nursed, then went to the Whole Foods Market across the parking lot where I was able to get some yummy fresh bread, David's Omega-3 Oil, and some gDiapers liners! (Earth-Friendly Diapers. Happy Baby. Happy Planet.) We got our lunch in the Market. I had a delicious sandwich from the deli & David had a slice of 4-cheese pizza. When I opened his box, he exclaimed, "PIZZA!"

We did finally make it to Jo-Ann's where David pleaded, "Ride moving stairs, Mom???" (the escalator), but since we had a basket we rode the glass elevator instead. Much to my surprise, that suited him as well & on the way back down, he asked, "Ride the escalator, Mom???" meaning the elevator this time!

Speaking of Jo-Ann's, if you bought the Robbie Ducky Watering Can this year, you need to take it back to the store ASAP, as it is another made in China play pretty contaminated with excessive levels of lead paint. I hope you're thinking of alternatives to made in China toys for Christmas this year... seems that nothing's safe these days. NotChinaMade.net has a list of alternative shopping websites and I have added a Toys Made in the USA page in my Amazon store.
.
I know I covered more than just Tiny Talk today, but if you want to read more cute things kids are saying, visit Not Before 7. Even though she's on vacation, I think Tiny Talk Tuesday will still be there.

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Wow - 8 months old! She's a cutie! Loved the bathroom comment - great job grandma! Kids are so sweet.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win