Saturday, June 17, 2006

Look At Us Grow!

WOW! These tomatoes have taken off! The cages only come up to my waist, so I was holding the top of the yellow pear plant. The yellow pear plant actually toppled over, cage & all yesterday, so I had to anchor the cage to the fence. Earlier this week I harvested & ate the first Beefmaster tomato off the plant that's behind the yellow pear plant. The tomato plants to the right are celebrity and I have one that looks like it will be ready in a few days. All of the plants are heavy with fruit. The plant at my feet (not in the garden) is a Texas Star Hibiscus.

Yesterday I got 2 yellow pears & ate them before we got back inside. (David was playing in the sandbox, so I was holding them for a while.) I also picked 2 anaheim peppers, which were used in Dad's quesedilla for supper and a yellow squash, which I cooked for my supper! Today, I got about 8 ripe pears! Believe it or not, they all made it inside, but will most likely be devoured at supper.

Want to refer to the previous pictures of the garden? See March 30, then look at May 5.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win