Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Monumental Post

WOW! This is my 100th post! And I had to pull a picture from our pre-sick days to find one where he was awake!

He seemed to be feeling MUCH better today!!! Tonight during bedtime prayers, we thanked God that David was better - and for all the people who were praying for him! Thank you!!!

Today, we went to get an oil change in the Saturn. Our oil change place is fun! They have a play area with lots of cars to play with, a popcorn machine and a soda fountain inside. And the wall on one side is lined with windows into the service bay, while the wall on the other side is lined with windows into the automated car wash (which is free with oil change)! While I was sitting there watching David play with a bulldozer and later watching the cars go through the car wash, I was kicking myself for not having my camera!

During naptime today, I finished my vegetable garden! Though the box isn't beautiful, it's what's on the inside that counts! (got the wood on freecycle, so I'm not complaining) It's approximately 8'x3'. And I built it myself! Here's what's growing (and yes, I'm aware that I probably planted too close together): 1-yellow bell pepper, 1-green bell pepper, 1-beefmaster tomato, 1-yellow pear tomato, 4-anaheim pepper, 4-celebrity tomato, red onions, poblano pepper seeds, lettuce seeds, carrot seeds, and yellow squash seeds (only 2!).

My herb container is waiting for rolly-polly bugs to die via DT Earth before I plant there: mint, oregano, basil, and I'm starting come cilantro seeds. Also have these 2 alyssum to go somewhere. I wonder how they would look in a strawberry pot? Maybe I could put the mint there too? The package of DT Earth said it would also kill ants, so I sprinkled some around my box where ants were making little hills. Later today, there were new hills on top of the DT Earth. What's up with that? They've got 48 hours...

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win