Friday, May 05, 2006

Am I Contrary???


Here is David playing with water and the sea shells we collected on the coast. This is our West Texas Beach! : )

OK, that's all of David... The rest of this post is about my garden and the plants in our yard. So if you're not interested, then go away at this point! (Guess I am contrary!)




Do you remember what my garden looked like on March 30? (click there if you don't) Well, it's much bigger now! Wish I had taken the pictures from the same angle, but I think you can get the idea.




See how that top leaf was beaten up by last week's hail storm? But somehow the baby pepper escaped! Yeah!! This will grow up to be a yellow bell pepper.




My yellow pear tomato had 2 baby tomatoes, but one was beaten off by hail. You can also see that the plant is pretty scarred, and there are dried up tomato leaves all over the ground. I can hardly wait for this one to ripen. I noticed more fruit starting today, too!!!



Here is my squash plant! This sucker's huge already! I'm glad only 1 came up! Notice the leaf on the far left was really beaten up by the hail. Another on the right side was completely destroyed. The rest of those leaves? All new! Crazy!




This is in our pot of barrel cactus that we dug up several years ago. I love it when these things bloom. They're beautiful!




One dessert willow in a pot is blooming. This is from the batch of bare root trees that Dad's been growing for several years.





Only one of our red yucca plants bloomed this year. This one is planted in what I call my butterfly garden.





These are one of my favorites - Four-nerve Daisy. I'd like to plant about 4 more of these in this corner.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win