Welcome July
Well, we made it to tomato season and we're on our last jar of salsa that I made last year. This year, I planted more plants because I want to make one more batch to make it last a little bit longer and be able to give some away also. I also wanted to freeze some pasta sauce.
But if gardening went like this every year, I probably wouldn't be a gardener! My tomatoes are having a terrible summer. I have less than half the amount needed for one batch of salsa. I went to the farmer's market yesterday and bought the rest of the tomatoes needed for one batch of salsa. I'll give my plants a chance to grow some more, but I'm probably heading back to the farmer's market for the rest of the salsa, too.
My peppers are doing pretty good, though. At least I didn't have to buy those!

No comments:
Post a Comment