Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday

When David was almost 1-year old, I would lay down on the couch with him every afternoon and read to him. I figured it might as well be something that would entertain me as well, so I started reading him the Eddie books by Carolyn Haywood. My sister helped me collect a good stash of Haywood's books from library sales and I enjoyed reading them to him. When a recent read-aloud that Sonlight suggested didn't suit David's interest, I pulled out Eddie and the Fire Engine, which was written in 1949. He didn't remember the books from his babyhood, and he has enjoyed hearing the story.

(yes, this is typical)

All that to preface this week's Tiny Talk! Last night while reading, David heard a new usage for a word.
David: What does 'swell' mean?
Mom, thinking of a word he would understand: It means 'cool'.
David: Well, then - Mom, I think you're pretty swell.

Definition understood. Compliment accepted!
Now I wonder how such a sweet little boy ends up looking so grumpy in photos?

Elizabeth: Look, Movher, I made a E!!!

And she did! All by herself she made that E!!! I am so proud! She is 3-years old! For 2 days, she has called me "Movher"... for the last day every time she said it I've asked her to call me Mama or Mommy. For some reason, I don't really care for being called Mother.

Sneak preview to the first birthday photos that I'll try to get up by tomorrow, which is when Rebekah turns 1-year old!!! My, how it flies...

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win