Last week I put out the first of my tomatoes and peppers (and basil):
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 1 Sweet Basil

I currently have blooms all of them! As always, my family is racing to see who gets to eat the first tomato! I say I'm gonna win!!! : )
Yesterday, I planted some flowers around the garden:
- Marigolds to attract the pests away from the plants
- Assorted marigolds and daisies to attract polinators
Hahaha... we'll see if that works... planting flowers to both shoo away and attract bugs!

David planted his loofah sponge and Elizabeth planted her birdhouse gourd assortment. Hopefully that will be a fun project for them to watch grow. I let them pick out of the catalog & that's what they came up with!

This morning I planted beans - pinto and black - into the garden, and started some more seeds in peat pots. We need to do some work to the fence around the garden, so I really don't want to plant the other stuff out there yet. The chickens have started scratching. There's no point in planting just to have it scratched up.

The guineas, at least one of them, has started laying.
The guinea book says that the hen will find a secluded spot to hide her nest of eggs. Well, our birds never have read that book. We find another egg almost every day, never in the same spot (not even the same general area!), and only once was it hidden. I left the hidden one for a few days to see if she'd start a hidden nest. Nope. We ate the first few, then I lost track of what day the new eggs appeared. I think I'm going to try collecting them together in a nest box for the guinea and see if she will eventually start coming there to lay... but I kinda doubt she'll do that.
Guinea EggsOther things going on outside and in the garden:
1 comment:
My Autumn sage is blooming too.
Post a Comment